When: 6 Sep 2012
Venue: Blackboard Collaborate online tool, 3:45pm - 4:45pm
Organiser: Tessa Gray - Enabling e-Learning Community
Audience: Primary, Intermediate and Secondary School Teachers
Webinar login link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010234&password=M.4ACFC68281F3510A73C06710C02E83
Would you and your school like to use, or make better use of the LEARNZ free teaching and learning programme?
Barrie Matthews from the LEARNZ team will share examples from upcoming and recently-completed LEARNZ field trips of how classroom teachers all over New Zealand use LEARNZ to support their teaching and learning programmes.
Teachers who are not registered with LEARNZ should ideally do so beforehand. However, a temporary login will be supplied for all participants who wish to use it.
- is Inquiry-based
- primarily supports Science teaching and learning, especially Nature of Science
- has virtual field trips that support teaching and learning in Social Sciences, PE/Health, and The Arts
- uses ICT in a curriculum focused and integrated way
- gets students close to the action in the field
- puts students in contact with experts
- explores contemporary issues on location around New Zealand and offshore
- is accessible over the Internet – anytime, anywhere
- is MOE-supported
- uses a flexible model and is used in many ways, Decile 1-10, top readers-poor readers, small schools-large schools, urban-rural, fast Internet-slow Internet, computer labs-1 laptop
- supports busy teachers to “kill many birds with one stone” – specific Learning Areas, reading, careers, numeracy, literacy, as well as the Vision, Values and Key Competencies and Principles of the NZ Curriculum
- is proven – LEARNZ field trips have been used by New Zealand schools since 1995
Who should attend?
- Teachers from Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Schools that have never used LEARNZ
- Teachers from schools that would like to use LEARNZ more effectively
- Teachers from specific Learning Areas such as Science, Social Sciences, PE/Health, and The Arts
- Curriculum leaders in schools
By the end of the session, teachers will:
- have ideas on using LEARNZ in their own classroom
- have registered with LEARNZ
- have explored a completed field trip